Project Cost Manager
Skybox Datacenters is a rapidly growing data center developer, owner and operator based in Dallas, TX with ongoing projects across North America. Skybox is seeking a Project Cost Manager to support current and future developments globally. This role presents the unique opportunity to join a dynamic team of development professionals and work with leading construction, architectural and technology partners in the industry.
- Collaborate closely with Construction Managers to ensure their comprehensive understanding of project expenses and potential risks and provide alternative strategies for risk management or seizing opportunities.
- Expectations include a deep understanding of cost control principles.
- Proactively monitor and communicate budget status, actual expenditures, scope adjustments, and revenue forecasts, covering all labor, expenses, and subcontracting costs.
- Utilize your expertise to create progress reports that effectively convey project status.
- Depend on your proficiency to fulfill commitments, whether individually or as part of a team, ensuring tasks are completed within specified deadlines.
- Review GC’s cost tracking reports.
- Reconcile GC actual costs with GMP/ Schedule of Values.
- Contract Administration (retention, T&Cs, insurance, allowances, contingency, incentives).
- Tracking of all key project documents, including change orders, invoices and payments, lien releases, etc.
- Setting and attending change control and cost meetings as required.
- Support the development, implementation, and maintenance of comprehensive internal financial reporting package to support the monthly preparation of Pay Applications.
- Monitor operational and/or project costs and expenditures, measure project performance, schedule, and assist with quarterly and fiscal year end analysis and confirmations on project status.
- Overall support of construction team.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, Business, or a related field.
- Two to three years of related experience: forecasting, cost reporting, change management, accruals and earned value.
- Enjoy a fast-paced environment with a demonstrated ability to multi-task and manage a variety of priorities.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite of Applications
- Some real estate knowledge or experience is preferred.
- Experience in Microsoft Project is preferred.
- Based full time in our Dallas office at 3131 Turtle Creek Blvd, Dallas, TX